I have been asked to appear on public television and radio a few times speaking on both LGBT youth issues and on the wide world of transgenderism. It’s always flattering to be asked to appear and I confess to a few butterflies beforehand, but consider that just another growth step in learning to stay present and serve under all conditions.
- Out of Loneliness: Murder and Memoir by Mary Woster Haug, Oct 27, 2021. Mary is a friend of our family and interviewed me for her book set in South Dakota.
- “What form of legal discrimination will be legalized next?: Moms, TikTokers fight against anti-trans bills,” The Daily Dot article, June 2, 2021.
- “Texas GOP platform plank would criminalize doctors treating trans kids,” Dallas Voice article, February, 2020.
- “Counseling Office Moves to New Location,” Dallas Voice article, January 4, 2018.
- “North Texas families with transgender kids support one another, wage ‘war’ against bathroom bills,” Dallas Morning News, Jul. 14, 2017.
- “The transgender client, what MT’s should know,” Massage and Bodywork Magazine for the Visually Impaired article, March 2017.
- “Stress, Anxiety Threaten Community,” Dallas Voice article, Aug. 05, 2016.
- “Raising a transgender child,” DFW Child article, Feb 29, 2016.
- “Remembering, mourning and honoring,” Dallas Voice article, Nov. 20, 2015.
- “Caitlyn Jenner story boosts visibility of transgender community,” Midland Reporter-Telegram Article, Megan Buck, June 7, 2015.
- “What Caitlyn Jenner means — and doesn’t mean — for transgender people of Dallas,” Dallas Morning News Article, Emma Court, June 4, 2015.
- “Unique Books for Unique Families”, Dallas Voice Article, Tammye Nash, July 15, 2014.
- “YFT Board Vows to Put Youth First”, Dallas Voice Article, David Taffet, Feb 8, 2013.
- “YFT plans fundraiser to kick off Pride celebrations”, Dallas Voice Article, David Taffet, Aug 26, 2010.
- “Stonewall Remembered at Dallas March”, Dallas Voice Article, June 28, 2010.
- “Human resources group focuses on gender, sexual orientation bias”, Paula Burkes, The Oklahoman Article, Oct. 25, 2009.
- “Future Pioneers”, Dallas Voice Article, May 21, 2009.
- “Celebration and Appreciation”, Dallas Voice Article, April 02, 2009.
- “Plane passenger remembers the day woman went missing ,” Bakersfield Breaking News, Dec. 2, 2008. (Originally link lost.)
- “This is Just the Beginning”, Dallas Voice Article, Nov 21, 2008.
- “Query of the Week”, Dallas Voice Column, August 8, 2008.
- “We Fight Alone,” Dallas Voice Article, March 14, 2008.
- “Girl Meets Boy” or online as “Teenage and Transgendered”, Dallas Observer Article, Sept 20-26, 2007
- “Student Chapter Strong at SDSU,” Inside ISHM, Vol. 13, No.1, Feb, 1986.
Radio & TV Appearances
- Guest appearance with my FFS surgeon Dr. Jeff Spiegel, with Lauren Silverman on National Public Radio. Click here to listen and read the story. October, 2015.
- Guest appearance on D’fine Your Health with Danielle Girdano, April 28, 2015. Click here to listen.
- Guest appearance on Think with Krys Boyd, National Public Radio, Sept. 5, 2013. Click here to listen to the podcast.
- Guest appearance on Your Time With Kim Nationally Syndicated Radio Show, with Kim Iverson, Dec 18, 2009.
- Guest appearance with Wendi Bates and Jamy Spradlin on Lambda Weekly, hosted by David Taffet and Patti Fink, KNON Radio 89.3, Dallas, TX, Aug 09, 2009.
- Guest appearance on The Jack E. Jett Show hosted by Jack E. Jett, Rational Radio, AM1360, Dallas TX, Oct 12, 2008
- Guest appearance with Judith Dumont on The Jack Bishop Show, Rational Radio, AM1360, Dallas
- Interview with Say What filmmaker Q Ragsdale, Denton, TX, Mar 25, 2008.
- Interview with NTTV, University of North Texas, Denton TX, Mar 25, 2008.